Friday, May 1, 2009

Bitter Sweet Week





On February 25 my mom called but called on Ricks phone which i thought was strange. It was the call I had been waiting for for about four months but the call I never wanted to get. My grandpa had died. It was the most saddest day I have had. I could not believe he was actually gone. I cried all night. The next couple days it didn't feel real. But what a weekend to go. I waited to bless Garrett because my 'lil sis Sara had her baby right after me and I wanted us to be able to bless them together and I wanted Grandpa there more than anything.He had been in the care center since march of 2008. We had been trying to figure out how we could do it with him there and I guess he knew because he got to make it! I know he was there and it made the weekend not so sad. Don't worry that Garrett still looks twice the size as Kayson!

5 comments:

  1. SUSIE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! you made me feel so much better about grandpa being gone!! i still have to texts saved on my phone to remind me that grandpa did finally get to see kayson!! it was nice to have our babies blessed the same day!! kinda crazy how we both have babies now HUH!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sad about your Grandpa. Garrett is soo cute. I need to come see him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh SUSIE I loved that post! I still miss him so much. I am so glad that you and Sar blessed your babies that weekend. It was the perfect way to end THAT weekend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie, I swear, I posted a comment on here after Sara, but for some reason it doesn't show up! This isn't the first time it's happened to me either! I loved this post, that was such a weekend. I am so glad that you guys blessed your babies that weekend. It was nice to have a happy thing to end it on. We still need to hang out one of these days...I'll have to call you. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Defintely a weenend that I will not forget!! The post is cute, and I agree with Jill that was a really great way to end that weekend. Hardly a day goes by when I don't think of Grandpa, what a great man he was!!

    ReplyDelete